Thursday, February 4, 2010

rain again.

Well, I was hoping to go to Sefad today but it's raining and way too cold. I heard snow was predicted for nearby towns, but I haven't yet heard if there is any. Not much new since returning from Jerusalem. We had another Israeli movie night and saw "Sweet Mud" (Adama Meshuga'at). It was a movie about a family living on a kibbutz. It depicted many of the harsh realities of kibbutz life, when children still lived in the children houses and before the many changes that kibbutzim have now experienced. They showed the abuse and gossiping, etc. It was kind of a depressing movie but the Israeli's in the room agreed it was realistic to their experiences.

I have about three weeks left on the program and then an extra week an Israel (the first week in March). I'm busy planning trips for my last weeks in Israel and for the first few weeks back in the USA. So far on the agenda in Israel: Tel Aviv, Rosh Hanikra, Safed, Jerusalem, Dead Sea and Ein Gedi. Back in the USA: New Jersey/New York, San Francisco, Bloomington and Chicago/Highland Park.

Hope all is well stateside. Time to head to work.

No comments: